Patna [1st]

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Patna [1st] (1856-1897)

Opened on the Ayr and Dalmellington Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

The original Patna station was directly south of the Downieston bridge. There was a short platform on the west side of the line with a building. There was a signal box at the north end of the platform.

To the south was a goods yard, served from the north, on the west side. This had a goods shed.

The platform was relocated to south of the goods yard to Patna [2nd] when a loop was created using one of the goods yard sidings. The station building on the old platform remained.

The goods shed still stands.

The line is now single track but does not currently carry traffic (2018).

12/09/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map