Oxheys

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Oxheys (1869-1925)

Opened on the Lancaster and Preston Junction Railway.


Description

This station closed in 1925 and little if anything remains to show its location. It served Oxheys Cattle Market.

The station was a single platform station on the up side of the original double track line with sidings on the east side of the line just to the north. These sidings served the Oxheys Cattle Market on the east side of the line. The station was only used on market days.This station closed in 1925 and little if anything remains to show its location.

The station was originally a two platform station on a double track line with sidings on the east side of the line just to the north. These sidings served the Oxheys Cattle Market on the east side of the line.

The station remained open after the line was quadupled as far north as Barton and Broughton by adding a further two lines on the west side.

Addison Road, now Blackpool Road, bridge crosses the line at the location of the former station.

A loop remains at Oxheys, on the east side of the line where the sidings were located. The cattle market no longer exists.

The station remained open after the line was quadupled as far north as Barton and Broughton by adding a further two lines on the west side.

Addison Road, now Blackpool Road, bridge crosses the line at the location of the former station.

A loop remains at Oxheys, on the east side of the line where the sidings were located. The cattle market no longer exists.

02/04/2018

Tags

Station cattle market