Broughton [Lancashire] [2nd] (1840-1861)
Barton and Broughton (1861-1939)
Opened on the Lancaster and Preston Junction Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station with the main building on the northbound platform.
The goods sidings to the south, on the west side, were extended south to Preston to form a quadruple track line. Loops were formed on either side of this just to the south of the station.
A loop now runs on the west side of the now double track line as far south as the original Broughton [Lancashire] [1st] station.
The station building survived until 2013.
Barton and Broughton
Broughton [Lancashire] [1st]
Maudlands [P and WR]
Other railway and industry locations
Brock Water Troughs
Oxheys Castle Market
Ashton Signal Box
Constable Lane Signal Box
Lea Road Watertroughs
Green Bank Goods
Fylde Road Viaduct
Preston Total Bitumen
Maudlands Level Crossings
Albert Edward Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|