Oakbank Signal Box (1899-1935)
This signal box was west of Midcalder Junction and controlled the approach to the junction of both the Caledonian Railway main line from Carstairs and the Shotts line.
The box was set back from both lines in the 'V' of the junction with the footpath to the box approaching from the north.
An outlet for the Oakbank Oil Works exchange sidings was to the north of the box, onto the [[Shotts] line.
The box closed in 1935. It was absorbed by the box at Midcalder Junction.
Both lines remains open and both are electrified.
Other railway and industry locations
Linhousewater Signal Box
Linhouse Water Viaduct
East Calder Goods
Raw Camps Mine
East Camps Quarry
Camps Brick Works
Raw Camps Quarry
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|