Ninewells Junction [Station] (1864-1865)
Opened on the Dundee and Perth Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This short lived station was to the immediate east of Ninewells Junction itself.
Nothing remains of the station. It was to the west of the Riverside Drive bridge, built long after the station had closed.
The road which became Riverside Drive ran south from the Perth Road to the station site, ending by the station, and the station site was still obvious for years afterwards because of the footpath which ran down to the platforms.
Ninewells Hospital is just under a mile north west from the former station site.
Just to the south of this former station is Dundee Airport .
Ninewells Junction [Station]
Dundee Ward Road
Offset at Back of Law
Dundee Trades Lane
Other railway and industry locations
Old Signal Box
Easter Mylnefield Quarry
Camperdown Linen Works
Dundee West Shed
Dundee Central Junction
Tay Bridge [1st]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways