Niddrie [1st] (Unlikely 2) (1834-1847)
Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This location has been identified as a possible location of the E&DR's Niddrie station. It was immediately east of the point of divergence between the lines to St Leonards and Leith.
This is an unlikely location. The station would not be opened as an interchange point here as it was opened a year before the Leith branch and the location is not the one shown on the NBR prospectus map.
For the most likely location see Niddrie [1st].
Niddrie [1st] (Unlikely 1)
Niddrie Junction [2nd]
Other railway and industry locations
Niddrie West Junction
Niddrie Fireclay Works
Niddrie NCB Shed
Niddrie Exchange Sidings
Niddrie Landsale Yard
Niddrie Pit No 9
Niddrie North Junction
Niddrie North Junction [Lothian Lines]
Niddrie Pits Nos 8,12,13
Niddrie South Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route