This was a two platform station to the east of a level crossing built for Naworth Castle, half a mile to the north. Platforms were staggered with the eastbound platform west of the level crossing and the westbound to the east. Opposite this on the north side was a two storey stone building station building on a short length of additional eastbound platform. The main platforms had timber shelters.
The level crossing remains in operation and the station building is now a house.
| Brampton Staith|
Denton Fell Quarry
Milton Level Crossing
Upper Denton Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1871||Newcastle and Carlisle Railway|
Naworth, the Earl of Carlisles private station, becomes public.
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: A Mature Art v. 2
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: Pioneers v. 1
A History of the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway, 1824 - 1870: The First Line Across Britain
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Hexham to Carlisle: Including the Alston and the Brampton Branches (Eastern Main Lines)
Newcastle (Rail Centres)
Newcastle to Hexham: Including the Allendale Branch (Eastern Main Lines)
North Eastern Railway: Historical Maps
The Border Counties Railway Steam Memories 1950's-1960's: Newcastle to Reedsmouth No. 68, pt. 1