Meigle [2nd] (1876-1892)
Opened on the Alyth Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a single platform station to the south of the level crossing just outside Meigle.
The platform was later re-located to the north of the level crossing, probably in 1892 when a signal box and siding opened here. The former station became the goods yard to the new station. A siding was laid on the west side, which was approached from the north.
The line closed to passengers in 1951 and altogether in 1965.
The original station building, in stone, still stands on the south side of the former level crossing, on the east side of the former line. Railway fencing also survives.
The station was roughly half way between Meigle and Fullarton, closer to Meigle. Despite being closer to Meigle than Meigle [1st] it remained named Fullarton until 1876, two years after the Caledonian Railway came into ownership of both stations. Meigle [1st] became Alyth Junction.
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Alyth Junction [Bay platform]
Washington [N and CAR]
Other railway and industry locations
Hatton Engine House
Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
Ardler West Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|