Maybole [1st] (1856-1860)
Opened on the Ayr and Maybole Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a short lived station and terminus, the line being extended on to Girvan [1st] not long after opening. The terminus was left on a short branch and converted into a goods station. Maybole station, to the south west, replaced it.
The original terminus had a short passenger platform with an engine shed on the south/east side (with a turntable on a siding off the approach to the shed). The goods shed was on the north side of the passenger platform lines.
The site was altered when it became a goods yard. A small portion of the north end of the original station was taken for the extension line.
The site is now a small industrial estate.
Heads of Ayr [2nd]
Heads of Ayr [1st)
Maybole Junction [Station]
Other railway and industry locations
Maybole Junction [Maybole]
Capenoch Signal Box
Kilkerran Acid Works
Maybole Collegiate Church
Myremill Farm Level Crossing
Balchriston Level Crossing Halt
Croy Electric Brae
Souter Johnnie^s Cottage
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|