Opened on the Formartine and Buchan Railway.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop on a single track line. The main station building was on the southbound platform.
There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the north.
Initially there was no loop and the southbound platform was the original platform.
With the addition of the loop a headshunt was added to the goods yard, requiring replacement of the bridge over a road at the north end of the station. A signal box opened in 1892. The box was at the north end of the southbound platform.
The station closed to passengers in 1965 and the box closed. The line survived until 1979.
The platforms remain but the station building, similar to others on the line, has not survived. Railway cottages remain in use as houses.
Philorth Bridge Halt
Kirkton Bridge Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Abbey of Deer Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Consolidated Pneumatic Tool Works
Crosse and Blackwell [Peterhead]
Kinnaird Head Castle Lighthouse and Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|