Lochty Goods (1898-1967)
Opened on the East Fife Central Railway.
This was a goods station, the terminus of the East Fife Central Railway. There were several sidings served from the west and a loop to the south.
After closure of the line in 1967 a short portion was retained as the Lochty Private Railway giving a home to A4 60009 Pacific Union of South Africa. This privately preserved locomotive was able to run west to a new platform at the end of the truncated line at Knightsward. A small locomotive shed was erected. The locomotive left in 1973 and the railway continued in use until 1992. Rolling stock was removed over the next couple of years.
The site is now largely cleared, portions of a loading bank can be seen.
St Andrews [2nd]
St Andrews [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Coal Farm Coal Pit
Thirdpart Level Crossing
Kirkmay Level Crossing
Kinness Burn Viaduct
Kellie Castle and Garden
Newark Castle [St Monance]
Craigtoun Country Park
Blackfriars Chapel St Andrews
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The East Fife Central Railway
The East of Fife Central Railway: The Lochty Line (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
The Railways of Fife