Lochmill Siding

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Lochmill Siding

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.


Description

This was a goods yard in the west of Linlithgow, west of Linlithgow station itself. The sidings were on a loop on the north side of the line. To the west is the Avon Viaduct.

The signal box here was on the north side of the line with the sidings to its north. The original box was replaced in 1904 and this closed in 1966.


Tags

Sidings

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map