Livingston South (1984-)
Opened on the Cleland and Midcalder Line (Caledonian Railway).
Open on the Edinburgh to Glasgow via Shotts.
This is a modern minimal two platform station which opened in 1984 on an embankment. The station has a car park on the north side.
Just to the east of the station is Bankton Viaduct. Beyond this is Midcalder Junction and the former Oakbank Oil Works.
To the west was Newpark station, closed in 1959, before the new town of Livingston started developing around 1963.
Other railway and industry locations
Linhouse Water Viaduct
Linhousewater Signal Box
Oakbank Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|