Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Caledonian and Dumbartonshire Junction Railway.
This is a double track girder viaduct over the River Leven between Dalreoch, to the west, and Dumbarton Central, to the east. There are five girders.
The bridge was rebuilt around 1870, replacing original timber arches with girders.
Also known as Dalreoch Viaduct.
Upper Port Glasgow
| Levenbank Foundry|
Dumbarton Glass Works
Leven Engine Works
Albert Ship Building Yard
Dalreoch North Signal Box
Dumbarton Old Bridge
Glencairn Greit Tenement
St Mary's Collegiate Church
Dumbarton Municipal Buildings
St Serf's Church
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)