South Leith Goods (1881-1975)
Leith South Goods (1975-)
Opened on the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.
This goods depot was opened immediately to the east of South Leith station. It allowed the goods station at the station to become a coal depot. It opened around 1881, along with the Leith Edinburgh Dock.
North of the goods station was the marshalling yard Leith South Yard for the docks some of which remains open, although unused.
To the east is the Seafield Level Crossing.
The depot remains rail served although there is very little traffic. (Date of change of name to Leith South uncertain.)
Leith Walk [CR]
Easter Road Park Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Leith South Goods
Edinburgh and Leith Glass Works
Leith East Goods
Leith Edinburgh Dock
Crawford^s Biscuit Factory
Leith Rope Works
Edinburgh and Leith Gas Works
Scottish Agricultural Industries
Leith Albert Dock
Leith South Yard
Seafield Yard [CR]
Seafield Shed [CR]
Leith South Turntable [NB]
Albert Road Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route