Leggatfoot Signal Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Leggatfoot Signal Box (1876-1972)


Description

This small signal box was north of Thankerton. The box was on the east side and there was a trailing crossover. It was replaced in 1918 with a similarly small box

The box closed in 1972, controlled by Carstairs in the run up to electrification.


Tags

Signal box

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map