Lech-a-vuie Platform

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Lech-a-vuie Platform (1901-1973)

Opened on the Mallaig Extension (West Highland Railway).


Description

This halt was west of Glenfinnan station, east of Lochailort. It was a private halt used, initially, for shooting parties on the large Lochailort Estate. During the Second World War it was used in connection with the extensive training grounds for soldiers.

The halt was last used in the late 1970s and largely removed. Traces of the base of the platform can be found today.

Local

The head of the Allt Lon a Mhuide, which flows west into Loch Eilt, is to the north west.

The Muidhe, an area with large glaciated slabs of rock, is to the north of the railway and road. The Geological Society - The Muidhe


Tags

Halt platform

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map