This short siding was on the west side of the line and approached from the north. It was 40 chains south of Coatyburn Siding and west of Haddington. The siding served Laverockfarm, to the west, which was connected by a dirt track.
The location of the siding can still be seen, particularly as the boundary fence accommodated it.
Just to the north, on the east side of the line, is a small pond. This existed in railway days. Today there is a bench here.
Seton Mains Halt
| Coatyburn Siding|
Longniddry Manure Siding
Chesters Hill Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian