Coatyburn Siding

Location type

Sidings

Name and dates

Coatyburn Siding (1846-1960)

Opened on the North British Railway.

Description

This siding was not far from Longniddry on the Haddington branch. The siding was approached from the south and was on the east side of the line.

A loading bank remains here, in a car park used by walkers and cyclists using the former trackbed.

The alternative spellings Cottyburn and Coatieburn appear on maps.

Tags

Siding

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map

Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)

Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)

Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967

Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland

Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons
North British Railway in Northumberland, The

North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)

North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)

Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes

South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)

The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway

The North British Railway a History
The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)

Vanished Railways of West Lothian