RNSD Lathalmond (1941-1971)
Lathalmond Railway Museum (1997-)
Opened on the West of Fife Mineral Railway.
This was a railway served Royal Naval Stores Depot established in the Second World War.
The railway closed in 1971, being cut back to Townhill Power Station. The depot closed in 1993.
It became the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum (in 1995) which includes on its site Shed 47 (from 1997), a short standard gauge line. Tracklaying of a narrow gauge line, the West of Fife Munitions Railway, began on 18 June 2016 and locomotives from the Auchencorth Peat Moss Railway transferred to the site.
The site is now the base of Shed 47 - Lathalmond Railway Museum .
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
Other railway and industry locations
Lathalmond Lime Works
Roscobie Lime Works
Elgin and Wallsend Colliery Elgin Pit
Derby Mine No 2
Bowershall Signal Box
Elgin and Wallsend Colliery Wallsend Pits Nos 2 and 3
Elgin Colliery Arthur Pit
Colton Pit No 2
Lathalmond Railway Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|18/06/2016||West of Fife Munitions Railway|
Construction of this 2 foot gauge railway begins at the former RNSD Lathalmond formerly served by the [West of Fife Mineral Railway].
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife