Opened on the East of Fife Railway.
This was a two platform station immediately east of the Largo Viaduct. The main station building was on the westbound platform. A goods line ran round the north of the eastbound line and there was a goods yard to the north served from the east. The original signal box was east of the main station building.
The westbound platform was an addition, as was the loop alongside it. The eastbound platform and building, of a plain style typical of the original line, were the originals. The later building was North British Railway style. A box from 1894 was at the east end of the westbound platform.
The station closed to passengers in 1965, when the box closed, and the line closed in 1966.
The site has been cleared and is now a park called Station Park.
Nearby in Largo (actually Lower Largo) is a statue to Robinson Crusoe. Alexander Kirk, on whom Daniel Defoe based Crusoe, was born in Lower Largo.
Other railway and industry locations
Sir Andrew Wood^s Canal
Silverburn Flax Mill
Methil Power Station
Wemyss Saw Planing and Moulding Mills
Methil East Junction
Methil Hydraulic Power Station
Aberhill Tram Depot
River Leven [Fife]
Methil Dock No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|