This is a two platform station with a good view of the River Clyde from its platforms.
The main station building was on the westbound platform with a shelter on the eastbound. The goods yard was to the east, a single siding on the south side of the line and approached from the west. This had a loading bank. The signal box was east of the passenger platforms on the south side of the line by the turnout and with a trailing crossover.
The box closed in 1966 when taken over by the Paisley Power Box in advance of electrification.
Upper Port Glasgow
| Sandpoint Marina|
Albert Ship Building Yard
Blackburn Aircraft Factory
Erskine West Ferry
Finlaystone Timber Ponds
St Serf's Church
Dumbarton Old Bridge
Glencairn Greit Tenement
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1840||Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway|
Authorisation to purchase the Erskine West Ferry for Dumbarton and run ferries. West Ferry was a mile east of Langbank station.
|/ /1865||Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway|
Stopping up of Langbank level crossing authorised, replaced by underline bridge.
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)