Opened on the Leadburn, Linton and Dolphinton Railway.
This station was at Cowdenburn and named for Lamancha House, to the south east.
The station had a single platform, on the south (Lamancha House) side of the single line, with a goods siding opposite. The siding was approached from the west and a loading bank siding could be reached by reversal. There was a small station building and a railway cottage to the south, on the station's approach road. To the east the line was crossed by the A701.
The line closed in 1933 but reopened in 1939 for the war, serving RNAD Coalyburn to the west. This had explosive stores to the south of the former Macbie Hill station and further huts half way between there and Lamancha station. To the east was RNAD Leadburn. Initially on the south side, going east, this extended to the north side and the land between the Dolphinton line and Peebles line.
Today Lamancha station's platform (partly occupied by modern house) and loading bank (partly occupied by a shed) remain, along with the railway cottage. Some of the huts from the RNAD depots also remain. To the west, and north of the former line, is the peatland served by the Auchencorth Peat Moss Railway.
Rosslynlee Hospital Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Leadburn Summit Siding
Auchencorth Peat Moss Railway
Venture Fair Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Border Country Branch Line Album
Old Carnwath: Including Braehead, Dolphinton, Dunsyre, Elsrickle, Kaimend, Libberton, Newbigging and Walston
The Railways of Peebles (Through Time)