This junction was south of Ladybank station on the west side of the line. Via a headshunt, approached from the north, the Fife and Kinross Railway could be reached and its bay platform on the west side of the station. Between the junction and the bay platform was a loop to allow the branch trains to run round. Malt Barns Siding was on the branch, approached by a headshunt. There were also sidings on the west side of the junction, approached from the branch.
Ladybank South signal box was on the east side of the line by the junction.
The branch closed to passengers in 1950 and completely in 1957, although a short length was retained for access to the sidings.
The box survived until 1966 for access to the sidings when replaced with a ground frame.
| Ladybank Shed|
Forthar Lime Works
Bunzion Lime Works
Cults Lime Works
Markinch Co-op Siding
Coaltown of Burnturk
Hill of Tarvit Mansion
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife