Knockando House Halt (1863-1965)
Opened on the Strathspey Railway.
This was a private short single platform halt built in timber on the north side of the line serving Knockando House.
Remarkably the platform survives. The house is to the north of the former halt.
To the south are some embankments, possibly a camp from the construction of the line.
Knockando House Halt
Imperial Cottages Halt
Gilbey^s Cottage Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Bridge of Carron
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Old Grantown to Aviemore: Upper Strathspey
Speyside Railways: Exploring the Remains of the Great North of Scotland Railways and Its Environs
Strathspey Railway: Guide book