Opened on the Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop on a single track railway. The station house was on the northbound platform and there was a waiting room on each platform.
The goods yard was on the west side of the line, to the north, accessed from the northbound platform line.
The footbridge was replaced and moved to the south at the time a larger waiting room was provided on the northbound platform.
The signal box (1892) was located at the north end of the northbound platform. It survived closure to passengers in 1955 and remained until 1967 when the line closed.
The station house is a private house. The loading bank of the goods yard remains in what is now its garden.
There is no town at Kirkbuddo. Kirkbuddo House is to the east.
Other railway and industry locations
Station Linen Works
Clocksbriggs Oil Sidings
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Canmore Jute Works
Forfar Shed [1st]
Forfar North Junction
Carlungie Earth House
Bowman^s Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1870||Broughty Ferry to Forfar Branch|
Opened; stations at Kingsmuir, Gagie, Kirkbuddo, Monikie, Kingennie, Barnhill.