This crossing was between Dunkeld (to the west) and Murthly. It was just east of Kingswood Tunnel.
The loop opened in 1908 with two boxes, one at either end of the loop. Both were on the north side of the loop. The north box was at the west end, south at the south end.
The south box closed in 1919, replaced with a ground frame controlled by the north box.
In the Second World War a new single box opened in 1942. This was a brick building with a roof sloping to the rear. The box was on the south side of the line.
The box and loop closed in 1963.
The line remains open as a single track line.
The site of Rohallion station was at the west end of the loop.
cl 1919, rep with GF controlled by north box
Dunkeld and Birnam
| Kingswood Tunnel|
Dunkeld Road Bridge Temporary Signal Box
Beatrix Potter Garden
Inchtuthil Legionary Fortress
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|The Perth and Dunkeld Railway|