This was a two platform station crossed by a road bridge. The main station building was on the southbound platform. The building had an unusual largely glazed extension at the south end of the building, perhaps the waiting room for Killochan Castle. The building was replaced around 1900.
There was a goods yard at the north end of the station, approached by reversing from the southbound line onto a reversing spur. A narrow gauge line ran from this north east to Craighead Lime Works - the last portions by the station crossing over the line to reach the goods yard.
The line was doubled in 1894/5.
The station closed in 1950 and the box was removed in 1961. The line itself was singled in 1973.
The station building survives, in modified form, as a house. The former goods yard is now occupied by further housing.
Killochan Castle is to the south of the former station.
| Craighead Lime Works|
Girvan Grangeston Depot
Bargany Signal Box
Girvan No 1 [1st]
Dalquharran 1,2 Mine
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|