Opened on the North British, Arbroath and Montrose Railway.
This was a two platform station. A signal box (1881) remains open here, on the west side of the line.
The main station building was on the northbound (town side) platform. The station was just south east of the town which has expanded to the railway in recent years.
To the south of the station, on the west side of the line, was the goods yard which was served by reversal from the northbound platform.
The line through to St Vigeans Junction, to the south, was doubled in 1897.
Later the line to the north to Lunan Bay doubled in 1932.
The signal box, slightly enlarged in recent years, some former loading banks and the reversing spur, used as a permanent way maintenance siding, remain.
Arbroath (Catherine Street)
Arbroath (Lady Loan)
Bridge of Dun
Arbroath West Links
Other railway and industry locations
Lunan Bay Viaduct
Waulkmill Signal Box
Letham Mill Siding
Border Signal Box
Arbroath ^The Dens^ Siding
St Vigeans Junction
Letham Grange Hotel
St Vigeans Stones and Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|