Lunan Bay (1883-1930)
Opened on the North British, Arbroath and Montrose Railway.
This was a two platform station on a double track line. When opened it was a station with a loop on a single track line. The station house was on the northbound platform and there were waiting rooms on each platform.
The goods yard was on the west side, approached from the south.
The loop was extended and in 1932, two years after the station closed to passengers, the line was doubled north to Usan Signal Box and south to Inverkeilor.
The signal box here closed in 1964.
The line remains double track, without any sidings. The station house remains in use as a private house.
Bridge of Dun
North Water Bridge Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Lunan Bay Viaduct
Usan Signal Box
South Esk Viaduct
Montrose Wet Dock
Montrose West Quay
Montrose Shed [CR]
Montrose [CR] Timber Yard
Montrose Shed [NBR]
Montrose North Junction
House of Dun
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|