Opened on the North British Railway.
This was a two platform station. The main building was on the westbound platform. The small goods yard was on the south side of the line, a loop serving a loading bank. Opposite this was a siding on the north side, approached from the east. There was a signal box at the west end of the eastbound platform.
The box was replaced in 1908. The station closed in 1951 and the box closed in 1967.
A railway house on the south side of the line remains today.
North Berwick [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Torness Nuclear Power Station
Torness Power Station Siding
Dunbar Cement Works
Cockburnspath Mail Apparatus
Beltonford Paper Works
Dunglass Collegiate Church
Doon Hill Anglo Saxon Hall
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian