Opened on the Ayr and Dalmellington Railway.
This single platform station opened to passengers and goods in 1856. The platform was on the north side of the single track. There was a goods yard at the east end of the station, on the north and south sides of the line, approached from the east.
There was a signal box until 1893. The station closed to goods in 1960 and completely in 1964.
The station building survives, now in use as a house. The line remains open, although at present (2018) there is no coal traffic.
Maybole Junction [Station]
Cairntable Halt [Knockshinnoch]
Other railway and industry locations
Potterston Junction Loop
Broomhill Loading Pad
Pulsometer and tank
Polnessan trap points
Carnochan No 2
Carnochan No 1
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|