This level crossing is north of Coatbridge. Gartgill Road crosses the double track railway here on a section of line which is now a double track main line but started life as a portion of the Monkland and Kirktintilloch Railway, largely a coal railway, of 1826.
The portion of line between Garnqueen South Junction (to the north) to Gartsherrie East Junction (to the south) became North British Railway owned, breaking the Caledonian Railway main line.
There was a signal box here on the east side of the line and north of the crossing. The box closed in 1963 when barriers were installed.
Gartsherrie [M and K]
Coatbridge Central [NB]
| Gartsherrie East Junction|
Gartsherrie North Junction
Gartsherrie Colliery Pits Nos 8 and 9
Kilgarth Signal Box
Gartliston Fire Clay Brick Works
Kilgarth Slag Hill
Gartsherrie South Junction
Garnqueen South Junction
Weldless Chain Works
Hayhill Brickworks Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|