This signal box was located south of the Hamilton platforms at Motherwell station. It was built at the site of the former Motherwell Bridge station.
The box controlled a four way junction. The original box was located on the east side of the way just north of the Hamilton Road bridge.
To its north the line divided into the carriages sidings (once the exchange yard of the Lesmagow branch, the Lesmahagow Railway) and platforms lines, added on their east side in 1885 when Motherwell opened.
To the south the main route was south to Ross Junction with a mineral line running south east to Motherwell Colliery Pit No 3.
The box was replaced in 1914 when a new box at the south end of the northbound Hamilton platform.
The box closed in 1972, taken over temporarily by Lesmahagow Junction before it, in turn, was taken over by the Motherwell Signalling Centre.
| Motherwell North Signal Box|
Motherwell Colliery No 3 Watsonville Colliery
Motherwell South Signal Box
Motherwell Colliery Pit No 2
Motherwell Signalling Centre
Motherwell Parkneuk Steelworks
Motherwell Workshops Signal Box
Parkneuk Colliery No 1 and 2
Dalzell Malleable Iron Works
Dalzell Steel Works
Motherwell Bridge and Engineering Works
North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre
Park Street Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|