Golf Club House Halt

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Golf Club House Halt (1913-1964)

Opened on the Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway.

Description

This halt served the Boyndie Links Golf Course or Banff Golf Club, the clubhouse of which was located just to the north. The golf club was sandwiched between the railway and the sea. This is not the same course as at Duff House. The course at Inverboyndie does not.

The timber platform was on the north side of the line.

The trackbed is now a dirt path.

Tags

Station halt golf

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map
02/06/2018



Dates

  /  /1913Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Railway
Bridgefoot Halt and Golf Club House Halt opened.