This is a disused single track three arch viaduct built in blue brick and concrete. It is 162 ft long and 56 ft high.
The viaduct is one of the few larger survivors of the Darvel and Strathaven Railway. It was east of Darvel station.
It fell out of use in 1939, although the line was used for wagon storage for a while afterwards.
The viaduct now has recent housing estates at either end, the trackbed in both directions having been obliterated.
The engineer was William Melville.
Mossgiel Tunnel Platform
Kilmarnock (St Marnocks)
Riccarton and Craigie
| End of Darvel Branch|
Darvel Goods [East]
End of Galston Branch
Newmilns Works (Vesuvius)
Stoneygate Pit Siding - Newmilns Coal Depot
Loudon Colliery Pit No 3
Strath Pit Siding
County Boundary Junction
Maxwood Signal Box
Maxwood Colliery Pit No 1
Barr Castle [Galston]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|