This station was a mile west of the village of Glassford. The station had a platform on the east (village) side of a single line.
There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the north. There was a signal box (1891-1906) which was replaced by a ground frame, probably much more appropriately as there was no loop and little traffic.
The former station cottage survives to the west of the site which has been largely cleared. A road bridge which crossed the line remains intact. This bridge was built to accommodate two lines, but the line was not doubled.
Meikle Earnock Halt
| Shotlinn Colliery|
Strathaven Viaduct [North]
Pomillion Viaduct [North]
Pomillion Viaduct [South]
Cot Castle Goods
Cot Castle [Castle]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|02/02/1863||Hamilton and Strathaven Railway|
Opened for passengers and goods to Strathaven [Flemington]. Stations at High Blantyre, Meikle Earnock Halt, Quarter Road, Glassford and Strathaven [Flemington].