Gartliston Fire Clay Brick Works

Location type

Works

Name and dates

Gartliston Fire Clay Brick Works (1888-1980)

Served by the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway.

Description

This brick works was opened by P&M Hurll, who also owned the nearby Garnqueen Brick Works. They also came to own the Birkhill Fireclay Mine and brick works in Drumchapel.

The works was connected to clay mines and coal pits by narrow gauge hutch lines.

Little remains of the works today, following demolition, except a large relatively level area hollowed out from the hillside.

Tags

Brick Works