Garrochburn Signal Box (-1974)
This was an intermediate signal box south of Kilmarnock. It was located south of Garrochburn Goods, just to the north on the west side of the line, and a mineral line to Mauchline Colliery Pits Nos 1,2,4, to the south and on the east side.
Both were approached from the box and were later additions, the original box predating the sidings. Both the original and later boxes were on the east side of the line; the first to the south of the Garroch Burn bridge and the second to its north.
Garrochburn Goods opened around 1928. Its sidings made a trailing connection to the southbound line.
Mauchline Colliery Pits Nos 1,2,4 were opened around 1925. There were exchange sidings, with a headshunt, close to the junction, located on the curve where the branch turned from southbound to eastbound.
Garrochburn Goods closed in 1965. Mauchline Colliery Pits Nos 1,2,4 ceased in 1966.
The signal box closed in 1974.
The main line remains open.
Mossgiel Tunnel Platform
Riccarton and Craigie
Kilmarnock (St Marnocks)
Other railway and industry locations
Garrochburn Signal Box
Mauchline 1,2,4 Collieries
Cessnock Water Viaduct [South]
Barskimming Quarry [1st]
Barskimming Quarry [2nd]
Bowhouse Munitions Depot
Bowhouse Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|