Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Where: City of Edinburgh, Scotland
This junction was at the east end of a loop which started at Slateford Junction [1st]. The loop was on the south side of the line and was for Exhibition [CR] station. This was the genesis of Slateford Yard.
There was a signal box on the south side of the line.
The box was closed when taken over by Slateford Junction [1st] box in 1935.
The junction was directly west of where the approach to Edinburgh Princes Street crossed over the Edinburgh, Suburban and Southside Junction Railway.
It is where the line was cut back to in 1966 after closure of Princes Street in 1965 and Morrison Street Goods in 1966.
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
| Slateford Junction [1st]|
Gorgie West Goods
Slateford Railway Laundry
Gorgie East Minerals
Gorgie East Goods
Edinburgh and Dumfriesshire Dairy
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian