Opened on the Northumberland Central Railway.
This was a single platform station with the platform on the east side of the line. A station building, a single storey timber and brick building similar to Middleton North, was at the south end of the platform. There was a goods siding at the north end, east side of the line, approached from the north.
In 1894 a long siding was added on the west side of the line, a siding approached from the south which could be used as a passing place if needed. A signal box had opened in 1893 in preparation for the siding. The box was at the south/east end of the station.
The box closed in 1941 and station in 1952.
The former station is within the round ramparts of a 'camp', these abound in the area, but a station within one is unusual.
Portions of the timber platform and loading bank remain. The railway cottage, once just to the east of the station building, remains in use as a house. The girder bridge over the road to the south has been removed.
Ewesley Farm is to the south.
Ray House (Halt)
Morpeth [B and T]
Other railway and industry locations
Whitehouse Lime Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
The Northumberland Central Railway
|The Rothbury Branch (Locomotion Papers)|