Linton [NBR] (1846-1864)
East Linton (1864-1964)
Opened on the North British Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station with a goods yard on the south side of the line at the west end of the station, approached from a loop of the westbound line. The signal box was at the west end of the eastbound platform with the footbridge just to the east. It closed in 1977, replaced by the Edinburgh Signalling Centre.
A station building remains in use as a house, on the south side of the line. The station building is unusual in that some of it predates the railway.
The line is still crossed by a footbridge.
North Berwick [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
East Linton Viaduct
Beltonford Paper Works
National Museum of Flight
East Fortune Hospital
St Martin^s Kirk
North Berwick Law
Chesters Hill Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian