Duntreath Halt

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Duntreath Halt (1867-1951)

Opened on the Blane Valley Railway.

Description

A private halt existed south of Duntreath Castle on the Blane Valley Railway.

The line was single track at this point and approach would have required a bridge over the Blane Water. Such a bridge did exist to give access to the nearby Dumgoyach hill.

A drive ran south east from the castle past a fish pond and over the Blane Water to Blanefield station, used for official visits, the halt being used for private visits.

Nothing remains, the trackbed was used for the Loch Lomond Hydroscheme which obliterated any remains.

Local

Duntreath Castle is to the west of Blanefield.

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map


Books


Forgotten Railways: Scotland