Opened on the Scottish Midland Junction Railway.
This goods yard was on the north side of the Perth High Street road bridge. It was located on the west side of the line, both goods lines and passenger lines, and Perth Goods [CR]. The yard was used by the Highland Railway.
In 1890 an agreement was reached with the Highland Railway company for used of land at Dovecotland.
The yard had a loading bank on the west side, several marshalling sidings, a large goods shed with loading banks and further marshalling sidings on the east side. It was well equipped with cranes. Approach was from the north, from Balhousie Junction.
One siding was for McCash & Son's . This was on the west side of the depot.
By the time of the 1962 re-signalling the yard was a permanent way depot.
By the late 1980s only a single siding, the Tulloch Oil Siding, remained at the north end of the site. This was a Shell-Mex siding.
The site has various business uses today.
Perth Glasgow Road
Perth Glasgow Road [Temporary]
Perth Princes Street
Bridge of Earn [2nd]
Bridge of Earn [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Perth North Goods
Pullars Highland House
Perth Shed [HR]
Earlsdyke Coal Depot
Wallace Works (Linens)
Perth Central Goods
Glasgow Road Junction
Dovecotland Oil Siding
Perth Carriage Sidings
Perth Rowntree Mackintosh Siding
Dewer^s Bonded Warehousing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Tayside's Last Days of Steam
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|