Dechmont [1st]

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Dechmont [1st] (1855-1861)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.

Opened on the Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway.

Description

This station was east of the present Livingston North station. It was probably built for the Dechmont estate (no direct road to Dechmont House, but a road north to Dechmont Village). It was an early closure (not directly replaced by Dechmont [2nd]).

Tags

Station Short lived
07/10/2020

Books


Vanished Railways of West Lothian