Culter [1st]

Location type


Name and dates

Culter [1st] (1853-1892)

Opened on the Deeside Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


This was a single platform station. The platform was on the north side of the single track line with a goods yard at the east end, approached from the east. A branch to Culter Paper Mill also ran from the goods yard.

Culter station opened at an undeveloped site close to Culter Paper Mill in 1853. To the south was Peter's Chapel. The town of Peterculter developed around the station and mill.

The station was replaced by another further east, Culter [2nd], when the line to the east was doubled in 1892.



External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67