This canal basin was located on the Monkland Canal at Cuilhill Gullet. From the south, it was approached by the mineral Drumpeller Railway and the location was a transshipment point.
The line approached the basin on a viaduct, the depot was located on an island on the canal.
The basin was out of use around 1900 and the canal closed in 1952.
Drumpellier is sometimes spelled Drumpellar or even Drumpeller.
Gartsherrie [M and K]
| Heatheryknowe Colliery Pit No 3|
Heatheryknowe Tile Works
Drumpellier Pits No 3 and 4
Bredisholm Colliery Junction
Kirkwood Signal Box
Braehead Brick Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Northern part of the railway to Cuilhill Canal Basin out of use.