Crew South Junction (1879-1933)
Opened on the Granton Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This was the southern approach to Crew Junction where the routes to Granton and Leith divided. the junction was the southern end of loops on either side of the line which rejoined the main line at Crew Junction. There was a yard laid out on either side of the loops.
There was a signal box on the east side of the railway, just north of a road bridge. This box opened when passenger trains to Leith started in 1879. It closed in 1933 when taken over by the box at Crew Junction.
East Pilton Halt
House O^ Hill Halt
Granton Gasworks [Station]
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
Shandwick Place [Tram]
Edinburgh Princes Street
Other railway and industry locations
Pilton Junction East
Pilton West Junction
Bruce Peebles Ltd
Davidson^s Mains Goods Junction
Granton Shell Siding
Caroline Park Ironworks
Davidson^s Mains Goods
Coltbridge Stone Depot
Granton High Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|