Corkerhill No 1 Signal Box (1896-1984)
Corkerhill Depot Junction (1984-)
Opened on the Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
This is the eastern entry to Corkerhill Depot.
The box replaced Corkerhill Signal Box [1st] which was further west at the junction for Lochinch Pit. The signal box was on the north side of the junction.
The shed was opened on the south side of the line in 1896. On the north side were loops and a pair of single ended sidings approached from the east. The west end was at Corkerhill No 2 Signal Box which was at the east end of Corkerhill station.
The box was extended in 1922 during alterations to the layout of the shed yard.
The shed was rebuilt to become a DMU depot in 1967.
The box closed in 1984, replaced by Glasgow Central Power Box. The line to the shed, from the east, was electrified in 1986.
Bellahouston Park Halt
Ibrox [Govan Platforms]
Ibrox Excursion Platforms
Other railway and industry locations
Corkerhill Depot Junction
Corkerhill Signal Box [1st]
Bellahouston Cleaning Shed
Howden Craigton Works
House for an Art Lover
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|