This was a curling platform halt alongside Carsebreck Loch, the Royal Caledonian Curling Pond. It has been variously known as Nethertown, Curling Society's Platform, Curling Pond Halt, Royal Curling Club Platform,Royal Curling Club Station (as indicated on OS maps) and Carsbreck.
There was a building on the southbound side and Brick House, probably a railwayman's cottage, was not far to the west at a level crossing. A signal box had opened here in 1905. The 'Royal Curling Club Station' appears on the OS map published in 1901.
At its height there were loops on either side of the double track line, the northbound loop served by a platform - the Royal Caledonian Curling Pond lying just to the north.
The halt was not a regular halt for trains, only operated during bonspiel contests.
The signal box closed in 1941, the halt probably in 1944-1951.
Nothing remains of the platform.
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Highland Spring|
Kincardine Glen Viaduct
Ardoch Roman Fort
Blackford Old Parish Church
Muthill Old Church and Tower
Battle of Sheriffmuir Monument
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1903||Scottish Central Railway|
Permission to acquire further land for Carsebreck, the curling club halt.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)